Power window woes - 2002 Maxima

It's a familiar story; pull the auto-up switch on the driver's side window (2002 Maxima), the windows goes all the way up, then it retreats about a 1/3 of the way down.

I saw a couple of posts on holding the reset switch on the motor and while cycle the window up and down.

I removed the driver's side control panel and could not see any sign of the motor.

Do I have to remove the door panel? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steven

...Do I have to remove the door panel? Any help would be appreciated... Yes.

Detailed helpyourself may be found via 'top left Favorite Links' - see link below.

Reply to
Wiikinki

Hello, Steven! You wrote on Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:07:48 GMT:

S> It's a familiar story; S> pull the auto-up switch on the driver's side window (2002 Maxima), S> the windows goes all the way up, then it retreats about a 1/3 of the S> way down.

S> I saw a couple of posts on holding the reset switch on the motor and S> while cycle the window up and down.

S> I removed the driver's side control panel and could not see any sign S> of the motor.

S> Do I have to remove the door panel? Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem long time ago. Fortunately for me it was covered by factory warranty. I just brought my maxima (2k2 GLE ) to a dealer and they fixed it. They said they replaced motor. Sorry, don't know more about it. There is a manufacturer's manual on maximas somewhere in the internet. try to google it out. D.

Reply to
Gully Foyle