Power windows

My fault, I let the battery drain down on my 97 maxima. Jumped the car but it would not keep running. Got new battery so now it runs but I had no wipers, radio, AC and no operating windows. The dealer replaced a blown large 120Amp fusible link under the hood and I had AC and wipers. Found a blown fuse under the dash and now I have a clock and music BUT the windows still don't work. Where else should I look for fuses, fusible links or relays. I found another fusible link under the hood for power windows but it's OK. Did I miss a fuse under the dash, there are not any labeled windows. To make matters worse I accidentally used my remote and both windows are completely down but won't go up. Makes for a chilly drive to work with wet hair!

Reply to
nouveau reader

If it's as cold where you live as where I am. I think the best plan would be to find a real Nissan wiring expert and get this problem fixed. You could spend all winter trying to find where the backfeed has damaged your system. You had better pray it's not in the computer. As then it's going to be really costly to replace even if they get a used or re-built computer. Good luck.

Reply to
View from Outer Space

Thanks! Got it fixed today. The fact that the windows went down with the key remote gave me hope that it was not as bad as a blown computer. Went back and checked all the under dash fuses and found yet another bad fuse. This was labeled as some generic "elect equipment" or some such descriptive term. Anyway it works and the windows are up and I have a head cold but I'm happy. "View from Outer Space" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...

Reply to
nouveau reader

Reply to
View from Outer Space