problems shifting into reverse help

I'm having problems shifting into reverse with my 01 max (manual transmission) this usually onyl happens when I just get in teh car, the only way Iv'e found that helps (sometimes) is if after starting the car I let the clutch up a lot then pushdown while trying to put it in reverse, it will then usually slide in. any ideas? anyoneelse ever have a problem like this? my car is jusat about at

10k so it's still under warrenty but I didn't not buy it from a dealer, can I bring it to any nissan dealer and get it fixed for free?

-Slick Nick

Reply to
habibe99

I have the same in my 00 Max and my 93 sentra as well :) I find that on some occasions the thing simply won't go in but you know what fixes it every time? Put it into first and let off on the clutch just a TINY bit - just enough to give the car a minute lurch. You can even have the handbrake on while you do this. Then it should slip right into reverse.

Reply to
Matthew Brooks

Have you tried just letting the clutch up in neutral so that the tranny can spin a bit before trying to get into a gear ? These days a lot of folks start with car with the clutch down to engage the starter switch and never let the tranny spin first. That will probably solve you problem.

If you are in the USA, any and every dealer is required to provide warranty coverage regardless of where you bought the car.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob