Problems with my 89 Nissan Maxima

Hi all, I need some advice. I took my 89 Maxima into the dealership for a new starter and a new battery to be installed. After the car was serviced, I tried to drive the car home but noticed the car was having problems accelerating to 40 mph as well as problems with breaking (the breaks did not respond and felt very spongy). I never had any problems with accelerating nor breaking prior taking the car to the dealership. I had it immediately towed back to the dealership and now the dealership service department can't figure out what the problem is? What should I do? What could be the problem?

Reply to
jaimes

The problem, in my opinion, and taking your word at face values, is that they want to take you for a ride ;)

Take your car somewhere else, because if the dealer does not know what the problem is, then you are > Hi all,

Reply to
AS

sounds like they knocked loose a vacuum line somewhere,,,

only thing that would effect the brakes (power booster), and the engine.

Reply to
common_ sense