Purpose of diode?

My '99 factory service manual (page EL-68) shows a diode in the trunk room lamp circuit. What is the purpose of that diode?

Daniel B. Martin Nissan owner and D-I-Y mechanic

Reply to
Daniel B. Martin

Gee, you finally showed your face!

Chris

Reply to
Chris H

Probably to protect an electronic circuit somewhere else on the car from a voltage spike.

Reply to
Steve T

I this the legendary Danial B Martin from Maxima.org? if so, very glad to see you around!:)

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Codifus wrote: > I this the legendary Daniel B Martin from Maxima.org? if so, very glad

One and the same. It is kind of you to remember me. Changes in my personal circumstances forced me to "retire" from Maxima.Org. I miss the crew there but cannot give it the time as was formerly possible.

I am still driving Plain Jane, my '99 Maxima GXE 5-speed. The car has been trouble-free. Five years old, and it still runs strong, smooth, and rattle free.

Daniel B. Martin Nissan owner and D-I-Y mechanic

Reply to
Daniel B. Martin

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... possibly power trunk release maybe?

Nice to see ya Daniel B! The .org isn't the same these days, but I th>

Reply to
Clark