RE: Engine runs rough

Hey guys, just bought a 92 maxima gxe, never had one before. The problem I have is that the engine runs really rough, low idol and i have to punch the pedal in order to get it to move. I changed the spark plug wires and the spark plugs and still the same. I bought that fuel injector stuff that cleans them out and still nothing. I changed the oil. The engine light does not come on. Can anyone speculate as to where I might start searching for the problem. It is at the mechanics and they said that injector #4 may have a problem. Is that expensive? Would appreciate any help anyone could give. Thanks

Reply to
jeremy557

With engine running, pull off each spark plug wire one at a time. If removing the spark plug wire causes the engine to run even rougher or stall, then that cylinder is contributing to engine power. If removing the spark plug wire makes no difference to how engine runs, then that cylinder is NOTcontributing to engine power and is faulty. Either no spark, no fuel, or no compression.

Check for faulty injector by testing the resistance between the two injector terminals with the connector removed, for every cylinder.

Compare all resitance values for each cylinder, faulty injector will most likely have a different resistance value.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie