Re: Replacing ignition coils

Changing ignition coils are not really big deal except for the rear. The problem with ignition for Maxima years 97-00 has been known when the car driven around 50k miles. Nissan has re-manufactured this flaw coil for replacement. After I had read many reviews on several Nissan Maxima owner group, I decided to replace only one coil rather than all six. I have already put over 15k miles without seeing any further problem. If you take your car to a dealer, yeah they will suggest you to change all six. This will be costly. There was one thing that I still did not know, even a Nissan Mechanic could not figure out that a bad coil usually (always) happened on cylinder # 2. So, try to replace this one first to see if it works. To save your time by guessing, there are several websites that give instructions how to identify which coil having problem by manually reading the code from the Check Engine light.

Reply to
Dao