Removing the dealer sticker from the trunk

I recently bought a new maxima, and it has the name of the dealer on the back. It is like a white sticker, but each letter is seperate (its not just one big sticker)

I want to remove it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can do it without removing the paint?

Thanks!

Reply to
Billy D

Wait for a hot day and let the car sit in the sun. It should just peel off then. I am assuming this is a sticker and not plastic with double sided tape (i.e. emblem type). If your up north and short on hot days use a hair dryer and slowly heat it up. If it is a emblem type sticker then use the heat trick and some fishing line to saw it off. You will also need some goo-gone or bug and tar remover for the residue.

Warner

Reply to
Warner Crump

Thanks warner.. I'll try that... its the sticker type, no emblem. I'll probably try the hair dryer thing now just because I can't wait for summer... its probably the biggest, ugliest sticker I've ever seen.

Thanks!

Warner Crump wrote:

Reply to
Billy D

Just remember, slow as you go. You dont want to burn your pretty paint. I did this on my 96 to remove the stickers on the door pilars and it worked just fine. The door pilars faded pretty fast being that they are a sticker and all.

Reply to
Warner Crump

I removed my singlular dealer sticker quite by accident (though happily so) with a high pressure wash gun, like those at the car wash. My home unit is only 1500psi but did the trick.

I think you need to approach the sticker from the side, and make sure you aren't using the gun tip that can remove paint!

!
Reply to
Pat

Reply to
Don't Reply to this address

Just take it back to the dealer and have them remove it. I've never had a dealer give me a problem with that.

Jeff

Reply to
Beans

Technique used by modders when "skinning" a car... slip a length of fishing line behind the badge and "slice" through the sticky tape. Then use some bug-and-tar cleaner (naptha, basically) to get the residual sticky-stuff followed with a polish and wax..

I imagine it helps to leave it in the sun, or warm it with a hair dryer first.

BuddyWh

Reply to
BuddyWh