Resetting the ABS light on my '94 Maxima????

Threaded View
I recently did a front brake job on Mom's Max.  Nothing fancy, just
replaced the pads.  Now the ABS light is on and won't go out.  I've bled
the system with no luck in putting out the light.  Does anyone have any
suggestions???

Re: Resetting the ABS light on my '94 Maxima????

Check to see if you disconnected the abs wheel sensor connector. It
should be right where you did the brake pads. Look for a wire/connector.

Pull the engine computer codes and see what the car is trying to tell
you with the ABS light on..

Re: Resetting the ABS light on my '94 Maxima????
If it's like my '92 max se, the ABS computer is in the trunk mounted under
the rear deck.  while the ABS light is on, the computer in the trunk will
have
a flashing LED.  The LED will flashing the have the error code.

Gary K

Re: Resetting the ABS light on my '94 Maxima????
Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and that should clear the
codes.  If you bled the brakes and offset the bias switch the code for
botht the brakes and the ABS would hvae been set.  Unless you have a
high dollar aftermarket reader or a Nissan reader you will not be able
to reset the light with the code reader.  I have an AutoXray and they do
not reset airbags or ABS due to the liability.  The cheapest one out
there that will reset the ABS and airbag are going for something like $2500

Site Timeline