Service Engine Soon light goes off on its own

2000 Maxima GXE

A couple months ago, I started the car and the "Service Engine Soon" light stayed lit. A few days later it turned off on its own.

Same thing happened this week. I was going to take it to Nissan Service, but the light shut off on its own.

To my understanding, once something happens twice in a row, the light it supposed to stay lit until reset. If the condition goes away two starts in a row, should the light shut off?

Reply to
Mike M

It depends on the code. It's still in memory, You should consider having it read.

Reply to
JimV

flame me over an open fire, with garlic BB sauce, but I think if the light is off, then the basic code readers will not show an error code, though the dealer could indeed retrieve the fault code history from memory.

see if you can get the code read at an Autozone or such, using the basic reader when the light is on. Could be something as simple as a bad gas cap - though O2 sensors, or ignition coils come to mind as common problems with the 2000 maxima.

Reply to
common_ sense

Isn't that what he said dumbass? You STILL don't have any of what your name says I see.

Hey, did you ever download those scans of my manual where it DISTINCTLY says that I don't NEED to use 91 octane gas in my Max?

You are such a goofball.

Reply to
No One

your a moron toll,,,

go to your AA meeting and leave the rest of us alone.

For best performance use 91 octane fuel,

Reply to
common_ sense

No, I am just not quite done showing what an dumbass you are.

Your inlaws have that hall fully booked.

That IS NOT what you argued in the previous discussion. Backpedalling seems to be one thing you are good at. Well, that and spewing BS.

Thanks for finally admitting you were wrong though. I suppose that says something for you.

Reply to
No One

you need some serious mental and substance abuse help

Reply to
common_ sense

You need to stop spreading your BS. Nice to see that you have admitted you were wrong on the fuel thing though.

Reply to
No One

My CE light was on, the codes were O2 sensor and crank sensor, replaced the parts, 3 days later light on again.

Reply to
Devils Advocate

What are the codes now? They are not always what they seem.

Reply to
JimV

So let me guess - you didn't go to a Nissan dealer, or a highly qualified Nissan repair site.

Both would have the $250K piece of equipment that you need to properly diagnose and repair your problem.

Not to mention guaranteeing the repair job.

Reply to
common_ sense