Shaking 93 Maxima

We are trying to find out what could cause shaking at 45 MPH to 65 MPH. This happens only during acceleration and stops when foot is off gas pedal. Also, the shaking will stop if you give car more gas. The shaking feels as though the car is going over rumble strips. We have even changed the transmission to try to solve this problem, but the car still shakes. We already changed tires and had aligned and balanced. Any suggestions?

Reply to
marycurci

Could be motor mounts. I'd also check the wheels bearings.

Also, pay attention to whether you feel the vibration stronger in the steering wheel or the seat. If steering wheel, I'd focus on front suspension components, if seat I'd focus on rear suspension or engine.

Reply to
Joe

Joe, It doesn't seem the steering wheel or the seat. It seems to shake the hood on the driver's side. Is this a mystery or what? Mary

Reply to
marycurci

I have a 2004 Maxima that sounds like a similar problem. Alignment has been adjusted, front tires replaced, and all four tires have been spin balanced at least 6 times and the problem still persists. Did you ever resolve your issue? If you did, what was the problem?

Reply to
FrancoHarris