Shift Lock mechanism

I'm having an issue with the shift lock mechanism on my '01 Maxima. The solenoid only actuates to allow me to shift out of park after aprox. 30 seconds of having the brake pedal depressed. I believe the switch at the pedal is working since the brake lights are coming on. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this issue? The problem appeared after recently having the battery replaced, don't know if this could be part of th problem or not.

Thanks

Reply to
01Maxima

Check the switch at the pedal to see if there is a seperate one and see if it makes connection prior to the 30 seconds before operation.

01Maxima wrote:

Reply to
Jon Smith

Pepsi syndrome. Someone probably has spilled a soft drink in this area at some point and it's now gummed up the shift interlock.

Reply to
Steve T