Sparkplug leads - Ohms?

I was told that sometimes in cars if it misses to check the plug leads with a multimeter. As its often overlooked with carbon leads. supposed to be around 11-12 ohms but mine are around 7 ohms. Is this a factor in performance? Should i replace them? I've had my 1990 maxima for about 5 years now (2nd hand) & had never changed the leads.

Anyones views on this?

Reply to
Kane

No, lower is better. I had an 84 Daytona Turbo that had a wire with 150ohms and it was causing bad misfire at high acceleration. Jim's right about the arcing, etc. If they're cracked or beginning to disintegrate, change all of them!! I'd also recommend staying with factory stock wires so as to eliminate any doubt.

Chris

90 & 94 GXE's (my Max's also have original wires with no problems yet)
Reply to
Chris H