Squeeeeeeling on 04 Maxima brakes - help

Hey all,

Proud owner (ok, leaser) of an 04 Maxima. Not even 300 miles on it yet, when today, from what seems to be coming from the right-front wheel only, is a really bad squeeling while driving. As long as the weels are in motion, the squeeling is there. The faster you go, the louder it is. It sounds like metal on metal.

Any idea what this is? Brakes stop the car normally, only this ear-piercing screetch is present. Help!

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

the thing is under warranty, take it to the dealership

Reply to
NissTech

I once found a small stone had wedged itself between a front rotor and environs, yielding a continuous screech. I had to remove the tire to see what happened. This was on an '87 Trooper II, which I disposed of long ago.

Reply to
Bob H

Yeah I'm going to try and do it tomorrow.

Reply to
Jeff

Well, the noise went away. Was in all sorts of conditions today to try and replicate it. City driving, highway driving, hard braking, cold engine, warm engine, hard acceleration. No such luck replicating the noise. I inspected the discs, and no unordinary scuff marks.

Ah well.

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff