Steering wheel radio control not working well on 2001 Maxima.

I seem to have a problem of late. The steering wheel controls for changing radio stations (up or down) and selecting the Mode (AM, FM1, FM2, CD) seem to not work at times. Have to press the levers a few times. Perhaps it was becuase it was a bit cold tonight but not that cold in Charlotte, NC.

The volume controls on the steering wheel are fine.

Where does one find this part on line? Is it hard to replace my self? Any links with pictures, costs, place to order parts, etc..

Thanks, Patty

Reply to
Patty Amas

The volume control on the head unit of my 01 Max doesn't work at times. The steering wheel controls always work, but the head unit knob just spins with nothing changing.

Problem?? I'd lean towards the cheap electronics used in these cars.

Matthew

Reply to
maxima1