Stereo recommendations

My 1995 Nissan Cassette Radio has started to have two problems.

  1. The LCD display is now all black, guess the detailer pressed to hard on it cleaning the thing.
  2. The volume control has become intermittent, sometimes loud, sometimes soft, wiggle it and it becomes normal. I did take it out and resolder it's connections on the PCB as that is also the power button, but no luck.

First up, this is a normal non-Bose system.

So, I figure I should treat myself to a replacement.

  1. I can get a system from a wrecked Nissan car, anything from 95 to 99 will fit without modification.
  2. I could purchase a new unit and wire it in with adapter cables. Choices here are Sony, Pioneer, JVC, Kenwood, Aiwa and Jensen.

I wanted a cassette, but they are becoming quite rare, everything is going CD.

So, what brands do you prefer or do you go for the Nissan unit from a wreck.

Post you opinions please.

rtt

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

Since you want cassette, your best bet is to try EBAY. I believe the harness for most late model Nissan's is the same but if you want to be extra sure, you can bid on one from a Maxima. They are usually pretty cheap. Had I known people actually wanted cassette, I would have not thrown out the stock unit when I upgraded the headunit!

CW

Reply to
CW

they still make cassette decks from brands like Pioneer, Alpine, and Kenwood, all are ok.

just select your vehicle from the list and it should tell you what fits. If you buy from that website, it should include the wiring harness and other accessories for free and the directions needed to hook it up.

Also see:

dave stone