Thinking of buying a Maxima....what performance mods are available?

I really like the look of the new Maximas but I don;t like the power output that much (250ish hp I believe???). Are there performance mods available? If so what are some of the better ones? Is there a Super/Turbo charger avaiable??

Thanks

Alok

Reply to
Buhda

Sounds like you are a good candidate for the new Pontiac GTO. Believe it will have a 350hp V8 and qualifies for the gas guzzler tax. IMO the Maxima has plenty of power.

Reply to
twaugh5

Hey,

I have an 04 Maxima SE and I think it has plenty of power. I can't imagine a turbo or supercharger on this thing. 265hp is the rating, I believe.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

The Maxima is one of the most powerful, FWD, normally aspirated cars available. Strap a turbo or SC an that, and I don't know how you'll deal with the torque steer. Even in stock form, TQ steer is significant. Just make sure your car's pointing straight ahead when you plant it.:)

Given that Stillen.com has made an SC for the 350Z, which has pretty much the same VQ35DE motor that's in the Maxima, chances are you'll eventually see a version of it made for the Maxima, especially since Stillen has made SCs for previous Maximas.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Quaife LSD