tires for 2002 GLE

The Original equipment tires on my 2002 Maxima GLE are Bridgestone Turanza EL42 P215 55RH 17. This seems to be a very hard tire size to find.

Has anyone had experience with the V-Speed tire of this make or with any other tire for this car.

Also, I am told by Nissan that if I plus size to 235/50/17 that it will void my warranty. Has anyone had any experience with this.

Looking for help.

Thanks

Reply to
Daffy Bunny

The rims are only 7" wide which makes 235+ widths off limits... NO tire mfg will recommend 235's on a 7" rim--yes, your warrantee will be void.

You will find 225/50/17 more to your liking. Some have even gone

225/45/17 (a LOT of choices) although your speedo/odo will be off.

If only Nissan gave these rim 1/2" more width!

I always thought 2002's were 215/50/17 but maybe that was for SE's.

CW

Reply to
CWu

Daffy,

225/50/17s are standard > The Original equipment tires on my 2002 Maxima GLE are Bridgestone Turanza
Reply to
mikellys