Torque Converter Problem/Catalytic Converter

I have a 2001 Maxima SE with 74, 200 miles. My check engine light is on. I took it to my normal independent mechanic because when i "floor it" on the freeway the rpm's go up but the car doesn't go any faster for about 7 seconds. Then it takes off. the independent mechanic says that it is a Catalytic converter problem. I took it to the dealer and he said it sounded like a torque converter problem. Anyone have any ideas while I am waiting for the verdict from the dealer?

Reply to
Tech