Toyo Garit HT vs. -G02 plus (winter tires)

Has anybody compared the Toyo Garit HT to the G-02 plus? Factors to compare:

- Ice braking

- Snow braking

- Deep snow traction

- Wet braking

- Hydroplaning

Other tires that I am looking at are the Dunlop Graspic DS1 and Dunlop Winter Sport M2. Looking forward to people's personal experiences. Thanks in advance!

TTTembo

Reply to
TTTembo

; Has anybody compared the Toyo Garit HT to the G-02 plus? Factors to ; compare:

Did you ever get any answers? I can't compare against any other snow tires as this is the first year I've +ever+ put snow tires on a car. I got the Toyo Garit Observe on my Mazda6 (215/50R17). I can only compare them against the stock Michelin Pilots. ; - Ice braking

Not much ice around here per se, and I try not to brake hard on ice anyway.

; - Snow braking

Pretty good.

; - Deep snow traction

How deep? The only "deep snow" I've been in with them was during a storm a couple weeks ago. It was actually mostly packed snow by the time I got on it, and I was able to safely maintain a steady 50 mph (highway).

; - Wet braking ; - Hydroplaning

Traction in liquid wet could be better. This tire is pretty good in snow, I haven't had occasion to try it on ice, and it's pretty good on dry pavement. But for some reason, it's not as good on wet pavement.

If the tire place I got them from had Nokian, Dunlop, Michelin or Pirelli in the size I need, I probably would have gotten them instead just on general principle. But this shop has a service I needed that the others don't: Off-season storage. While one set of tires is on my car, they'll store the other set.

Reply to
Jeffrey Kaplan