TPS adjustment for 1996 Maxima, need info.

Hi,

I need to know what the volt/ohm setting and which pins to probe with the DMM to ensure the TPS is correctly set. I'm having some difficulty with the car running (since new) after its been shut off after a couple of minutes and restarted at a later time. For example if I move my car from the garage to the driveway and shut it down, after a few hours when I restart the car, it doesn't want to start, it seems flooded. Someone (dealer) mentioned that I may need a new TPS sensor, but that the sensor could also be adjusted (rotated).

Thanks,

Reply to
veefer

My '96 I30t did the same thing. It really is flooded more than likely.

Reply to
jmattis

Woops, forgot to mention, just don't shut it right back down. Let it idle for just a minute before shutdown, and see if that takes care of the problem on re-start. Every time you turn the ignition back on, the injectors are loading up the cylinders with quite a bit of gas -- let it burn off.

Reply to
jmattis

I know what the issue is, I've lived with it for all of these years. Then I heard that this issue may be symptoms of either a defective TPS or a misadjusted TPS. Hence I'm trying to find someone that knows how to perform an adjustment or to test the TPS.

Chris...

Reply to
veefer

I'm pretty sure the Haynes manual has the details, but I don't have one anymore. I do recall that it's a fairly easy procedure, but the sequence has to be done correctly. Sorry can't help more.

Reply to
jmattis