transmission service questions on 96 maxima (automatic)

when doing the 30k transmission fluid swap on the automatic transmission, does one just need to drain and refill fluid?

or

should i drop the pan and clean out the magnets in there (and is there another filter/screen that is cleanable?)

matt

Reply to
y2kbugg

See A/T oil change procedure at

I guess there is a screen (verify your tranny via following the links on the page) like I have in RE4F02A. Normally not to be cleaned. If slipping is a problem, then it would be reasonable to clean, also for that problem there is a valve upgrade (those may help - depending on the cause)

Reply to
wiikinki

You didn't been to pull the pan. But you'll only get about a third of it either way.

Reply to
JimV