Tree Sap on Hood

I took my Maxima to a local car wash and they said they can remove the tree sap for $100 using a compound. (They said it would take 5 hrs.) The damage is mostly on the hood, which looks awful. I have several questions:

-Will the compound definitely remove the tree sap?

-Is this a good price or should I shop around?

-Also, is this something I can do myself? (Trying to save some $$)

Because my car is dark green (almost black), it is clearly noticeable and which is why I want to fix it asap.

Thanks in advance, j

Reply to
JC

Have you tried "Bug and Tar" remover? Works good for getting sap off.

Reply to
mkc2227

They probably use a clay bar which pulls out all the junk in the paint. You can get a claybar kit for around $20-30 at the store; they're easy to use and should not take anywhere near 5 hours.

Reply to
Dave Stone

Reply to
John Smith