unconnected electrical connector found, airbag impact sensor?

NissTech/anyone with a 200(0,1,2,3) Maxima I suppose....

While replacing a cracked headlight (passenger side) I found a dangling connector where the end was purple just sorta hanging there, it was taped in a loop and was in the open bumper cover area just under the passenger headlight. Could this be for an airbag/impact sensor? Or for an option I don't have?

One reason I ask is because after getting some repainting work done on the front bumper, the body shop showed me some previous accident damange (funny how the used car lot failed to mention that when I bought it used last summer) to the front, drivers side, so whoever repaired it, may have taped it out of the way while doing the repair work. I do have the factory foglights and they are wired up and working, so its not for that.

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
Mike Walsh

john smith