Water Pump for 95 max

I have to replace my water pump in my 95 max. I bought the pump new from nissan for 100 bucks from a dealer in WI. It's 35 bucks cheaper than the dealers in the Chicagoland area. I was planning on installing this myself. Is this a good idea? Does anyone have any pointers for me? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
jm1468

Success will depend on your skill level. It is easy to screw up your cam timing, so even if you get it put back together, it may not run right. Or even could run very wrong, if at all. You'll definitely need step by step instructions on how to maintain the chain alignment.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider doing this job myself. Access and visibility is too tight, and it's a long, slow, tedious job that demands accuracy.

I just had my '96 I30t's pump replaced in March. The dealer took 4 days to do it. Turns out their own mechanics don't even do that job, they wait for a "floater" to come around and do it right. Good luck!

JM

Reply to
jmattis

freind