Water pump replacement on 95-99?

I am getting a coolant leak from the weep hole between the engine block and the A/C compressor. I think the water pump seals are no good.

Has anyone done this themselves? From looking at the Haynes manual, it doesn't seem like the whole timing chain cover has to come off...only the cover over the water pump area. Anyone have any tips to get me started?

Carleton

Reply to
CW

I replaced the water pump on my 95 over labor day weekend. The Haynes manual does a good job explaining the procedure. You only have to remove the small water pump cover on the timing chain cover. After I pulled the pump I found that only the o-rings needed replacing. You need to use two M8-1.25 bolts about two inches long to use as jacking screws.

Reply to
Steve Manifold

Thanks for the input. I am hoping these are standard O-rings that I can get at the hardware store. It doesn't look like there's much room in there though. Did you need to move the power steering reservoir/line out of the way temporarily? Also, how much time does this take moving slowly and cautiously? Lastly, I was told that soom coolant spillage is unavoidable so I should do an oil change right after.

CW

Carlet>I replaced the water pump on my 95 over labor day weekend. The Haynes

Reply to
CW