Wet Floor? 98

I live in Ottawa. This winter my driver's side rear floor carpet has been saturated. Anybody ever experienced this?

Reply to
VanG

Sound like a heater core leak. Is it antifreeze?

Reply to
Justin Sane

Could be ...it never froze. VanG

Reply to
VanG

I find that hard to believe since my 91 has the heater core under the dash on the passenger side. If I read your post right, you are seeing moisture on the opposite end of the cabin. I would assume that front passenger side floor would be wet also. Usually if it's leaking anti freeze you can smell it very easily or when you go to defrost, hot setting, the windshield will fog up instantly. Another thing to check is to see if you are losing coolant out of the radiator or overflow bottle.

HTH

Derek

Reply to
genius

My 96 Maxima has this on the passenger side. Only a problem in the summer so I suspect condensation maybe isn't being drained properly. I don't use the window defogger much in the winter (I'm in California) but since it activates the A/C compressor that could have a similar affect. Make any sense??

Reply to
jdialc

If the drain tube under the AC is clogged, the puddle will be on the front passenger's feet (directly under the unit).

To get a puddle in the left rear, there has to be a leak in the door seal, rear window, trunk, etc. If it has a sunroof, it can be clogged drains running from the sunroof.

Is there any water puddling in the spare tire well?

Reply to
E Meyer

Hi Justin,

It is not antifreeze.

Mike

Reply to
VanG

Yesterday, I investigated the sunroof drain tube...it is functioning fine also.

It is infact 'water'...clear no smell....I assume water...

Spring cleaning....front driver's side floor is also very wet...this is normal in winter.....but this year it is excessive.

I need a list of all the drains this car has ....I will have it on a hoist Thursday nite...any help much appreciated!

Mike

Reply to
VanG