Where is Day Time Running Module located on 2001 SE Maxima

When the headlights are turned on (for night driving) on low beam, only the driver side headlight comes on.

Both lights are on during day time. Same for highbeams.

I replaced both bulbs. Fuses are ok.

I read another post that someone had this problem due to a faulty DRL module, but other posts indicate that it could be the headlight switch.

Does anyone know which it really is? How could I diagnose it on my own? Where is DRL module located ? I searched the User Manual, which is of no help. I also searched the car, unsuccessfully.

How would I go about replacing the headlight switch? Is the switch on the stalk that is left of the steering wheel (with the turn signal and fog lamp switch)?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Reply to
Umesh.Bhandaru

My girlfriend's 93 Max had the exact same issue, it was the headlight switch. I was also told at first that it would be the DRL that was bad, so I went out and wasted $160 at the dealership on a new DRL module that didn't fix the problem (and was not returnable). FYI, the DRL module was under the steering column. I then bought and replaced the headlight switch, and that did fix the problem. To change the headlight switch, I removed the plastic shroud off the steering column (just a few screws), then you see the 2 Phillips screws you need to remove to pull off the headlight switch stalk. The part cost maybe 60 bucks at the dealership. The headlight switch took less than 10 minutes to replace and was very easy to do. I would expect it to be similar for your 2001.

Hope that helps, David

Reply to
David Blair

Hi David,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I shall try this out. Thank you once again.

Umesh

Reply to
Umesh