XM Radio Question

I have a 1999 Max GLE with the Bose stereo. It has both the CD and cassette player. I would like to add the portable XM radio kit to it. From what I can tell the XM car adapter goes into the cassette tape player in order to work. Power comes from the cig lighter and the XM receiver clips into a cradle. The antenna is magnetic so I guess it can stick on anywhere on the sheet metal. Does anyone have this set up in their Max currently? How does it sound?

I know there is some kind of FM modulator that hard wires into the car some how but I have three cars and at $70 per modulator plus the cost of one car adapter kit the cost just isn't worth it. I like the portable option because it can be moved from vehicle to vehicle without too much trouble.

Thanks in advance for the input and Happy New Year!!

Reply to
Racer X
+2 on the Sirius (they will be carrying all NFL games the next 7 seasons, if that's of interest to anyone), I put the Audiovox PNP2 into my Max this weekend, it's awesome.
Reply to
Rich