'04 307s HDI 110 Electronic Stability Program

Can anyone confirm whether you should be able to switch this off over 30 mph as you cannot on mine.

If you switch it off at standstill, as soon as you reach 30 mph it automatically turns itself on again. Seems a bit strange as there doesn't seem to be any point of having a disable switch on the dash.

The handbook doesn't seem to make any mention of it's operation apart from how it physically works.

Cheers.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick (UK)

Yuting Wan

Sorry Yuting, I think you must have misunderstood the post. I do dot wish to cut the engine at all!

Just to clarify check the header, this is Peugeot's term for Traction Control.

Reply to
Nick (UK)

Reply to
Yuting Wan

If it is anything like the 807 you can switch it off at low speeds, but it automatically re-engages itself as the car speeds up. It's fairly unobtrusive on the 807 in that you can't really feel the car doing anything you didn't want it to, but afterwards you think back and realise that perhaps you had a bit of help.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R. N. Robinson

Hi,

An ESP is more than a classic TC, it also manages the oversteering, understeering and allows the car to stay "in line". That's theory, indeed the ESP action may be more violent and for example slightly slow down car to insure its "recuperation". The ESP may be known under other names, like PSM at Porsche's (Porsche Stability Management). ESP is quite a generic term, though.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

If the Peugeots version of ESP also manages the traction control (I think it does), the switch is placed because it can be an advantage to make the wheels spin during start on very slippery surfaces (icy roads etc.).

On the other hand the ESP would brake the wheels either by the brakes or via the engine control and you would get nowhere.

Because of safety reasons the ESP will automatically switch back on. On some sportscars it can be switched entirely off if you want to have fun on a closed track...

Best regards EjS, Denmark

Reply to
EjS

Why would you want to? It'll only engage when you're driving like a tit anyway :)

Reply to
Woof

It stays off on the 180 version. I have tried it upto about 60 at the mo and it doesn't come back on :-)

Reply to
Terrytubby

That sounds (very) reasonable :)

By the way - Does the 307 (hatcback and saloon) now feature the 180 bhp engine??? In Denmark only the 307CC is available with that "machinery" ;)

Best regards EjS, Denmark

Reply to
EjS

Same here at the moment. There was talk of a GTi version, but it seems to have gone quiet.

The only versions we get are the Hatch, Station Wagon and the Estate and the top of the range as far as I can tell is the DTurbo badged model

Reply to
Terrytubby

2.0 XSi is probably the top model no?
Reply to
Dan405

Both the same spec wise apart from the diesel has an extra line, a Particulate filter (I know its only a diesel thing). So the diesel has it ;-)

Reply to
Terrytubby