1.4 HDI Oil type

Hi all, I have a 2002 1.4 206 HDI that is to be serviced soon and am a little confused about which type of oil it uses. In the owners manual there is a list of various recommended oils by esso, total, etc.. however at the bottom in the small print it says "DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC BASED OIL ON THE 1.4 HDI ENGINE".

Now, I'm reading this to mean all synthetic based oils ie only use mineral based oils. Is this correct?

Many thanks in advance

Reply to
darkgold

It means that you can not use oil that is either sythetic base or fully synthetic. You should only use stanard mineral based oils. ITs good...its cheaper! :)

Dan.

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk wrote:

Reply to
tricky4000