106 brake pads

Hi.

Any ideas on how to remove the pins securing brake pads on a 106. Tried a pin punch but it just bent!

TIA

Reply to
Madrigo Padrigo

On my wife's it's a couple of small angled plates. They're still a bugger to get out as you can only drive them outward IIRC. I used a screwdriver. When I got the plates out I cleaned them with wet and dry and filed off the burred edges and using copper grease before refitting.

Reply to
Malc

That's a different make of pads. The ones with pins are a pain. You have the right idea, but I suggest before you go any further you get a replacement set of pins. Then try again hitting them out using a good parallel punch. Soak the pins with WD40 where they go through the caliper. Eventually they will come out but they may well be knackered!

Reply to
nigel