106 fuse box is making a clicking noise when im driving and no i aint signalling

so anyone able to tell me why its doing that because im new to driving :(

Reply to
sasha

sasha schrieb:

Possibly because the switch is a pos - take it off, open it, clean all the metal chips out and it'll work again. Other than that - get a new one for about 60¤.

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

Most of the relays live behind the fuse box so it's probably one of those. Is it literally only when you are driving? How about stationary with engine running, stationary with the ignition on and the engine not running etc.? Are your heater control flaps motor driven?.sometime these stick and the motors/gears make clicking noises. Any thing to do with intermittent wipers?these have a relay which will click once per wipe

New to driving or not, I think you will have to give us some more clues and investigate a bit more yourself.

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

The intermittant wipe controlled from the rain sensor makes a bit of a clicking row on my 406... guessing it could be that? It's only annoying cos the bloody cars so quiet ;-)

Rick

Reply to
Rick Maninov

the clicking noise only happens when the engine is running its not the wipers i think it may have somethin to do with the hazard warning lights because today i tried puttin on my hazard lights but when i pressed the button and let go they would not work i had to hold the button down, does that mean ive blown the fuse?

Reply to
sasha