106 Immobiliser Problem

have a 1997 106 Independence (petrol 1.1). I wasn't having a good day today and had a blank trying to remember the code (after 3 years of not once forgetting). I entered the code in wrong three times (getting two digits the wrong way round). The immobiliser starts flashing red and beeping as it is meant to. This has never happened so I start bashing away at the keypad trying to get some reaction (including pressing C).

Anyway after investigating the manual i leave it for half and hour (keys out of ignition), gather my wits and remember the code. anyway I come back and enter the correct code and its not recognised!

i do this a few times, each time entering the correct code and getting locked ot again. the final time i left it for half an hour with the ignition on but still no joy.

Please note that its not the both red and green light problem.

I'm worried that I've gone and reset the code while panicking at the beeping, but surely a) the keypad would have been locked and b) I would have seen the green light come on for confirmation of the code change.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
simon.ghorbani

Even if you have changed the code you have no way of knowing now what it is. So you will have to contace one of the firms that can read the code from your keypad.

Reply to
nigel

what about removing the batt.and leaveing the leads of for a time would that work?

Reply to
Chris