106 missing cigarettelighter

Hi,

I just got 106Kid. There is no cigarettelighter plug, kids model, eh ? Is there just wires missing, or will it be whole cabling to the fusebox or to the accu ? There are no need to smoke in car, but gps/cellphone is handy if the backup-power is avail.

-jr

Reply to
Jussi Rimminen

check behind the blank the connectors should be there

Reply to
Mindwipe

The very place has cover, when removing cover or/and panel i cannot see wires behind. Do you mean behind fuse box ?

Reply to
Jussi Rimminen

no the wiring should be tucked away behind the blanking plug or to the side of the trim have fitted cigar sockets in these cars before and the wiring is usually there you may end up removing the facia trim to find it though

Reply to
Mindwipe

I removed the face. No socket, no wires. As I read (somewhere) the connection to the heater speed fan (for the +12v) switch may be serious error ?

-jr

Reply to
Jussi Rimminen

Some of the low-level 106's had the wiring there, some didn't. Easy enough to wire one up if missing anyway. However, may I suggest, if you don't smoke, you get one of the latest 12 volt sockets designed for chargers etc. Cigar lighters don't seem to last very long with a charger sticking out of them. At the very least they keep blowing fuses

Reply to
Nigel

Heh. There were wires behind the plastic ashtray. Those were wrapped in superlon. Now all things works fine. Thanks!

-jr

Reply to
Jussi Rimminen