106 rear screen washer ?

106 1.1 M reg, got one as 1st car for no.1 son, anyone know what lever/switch controls rear washer, since it not working but not sure how to operate. Front washers work ok, would a simple car like this have 2 pumps, seems unlikely.

Also does it need to work for MOT ?

Reply to
only_me

The rear washer is not needed for an mot GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

It states if it is fitted it must work. best thing todo is remove the complete arm them it is not fitted and cant be tested.

Reply to
Chris

better still put a sticker on it saying "its for show only" on the wiper arm, my brothers car went through its MOT without a working rear wash or wiper only last month GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Rear wipers and washers are NOT part of the MOT.

Reply to
nigel

Ok thanks for the pointers re the MOT side of things. but does anyone know how you actually activate the rear washer on 106 - assuming it was working.

Might as well see if we can get it going, once we find out how its supposed to be switched on

Reply to
only_me

YES IT IS !!

Reply to
Chris

the rear wiper and washer is on the wiper stalk - twist the end upwards to turn on the wiper, then twist further to activate the washer

Ad

-- ade.j

View this thread:

Send from

ade.j

Tis, Tisn't, Tis

Not much consensus here then !

Reply to
only_me

Well, I'm not getting into an arguement bout it. I'm a tester and it isn't.

To operate it turn the wiper stalk one notch clockwise (looking at the end) for the wiper and two notches for the washers. It should spring back from the second notch to the frst when released.

Reply to
nigel

There's perfect consensus - the Rear Wipers and Screen Wash are *NOT* covered by the MOT.

I have no idea why Chris seems to think they are !

Reply to
Nom

we always test them if they are fitted.but if it is not fitted we cant test it..

Reply to
Chris

But you can't fail them if they don't work. Or do you???

Reply to
nigel

if it is fitted its got to work.what we do most of the time is let the person know that it dont work get it looked at.

Reply to
Chris

Windscreen-- includes ALL items affecting the drivers view of the road.so i think if you go backwards and you cant see out of the rear window.watch out!!

Reply to
Chris

I quote from a well known online mot site:

The tester will need to be satisfied that an adequate view exists to the front, left and right from the drivers seat. The wipers need not be the original size providing the swept section satisfies the view to front, nearside and offside. The washers need only supply sufficient fluid to enable the view to front requirement to be satisfied. It follows then that all the washer jets need not be working providing those that are, do the job.

So you can advise the presenter but cannot fail the car if the rear wipers or washers don't work. The only things testable to give a view to the rear are the mirrors. And even then you can get away with two, one of which must be the driver's side.

Reply to
nigel

Hi there,

The lever/switch for the rear screen wash should be on the right hand side of the steering wheel - its the outermost switch the lever, and you rotate the switch forward to activate the motor, and rota it even further to get the washer working.

Cheers, Anthony.

106 1.1 M reg, got one as 1st car for no.1 son, anyone know what lever/switch controls rear washer, since it not working but not sure how to operate. Front washers work ok, would a simple car like this have 2 pumps, seems unlikely.

Also does it need to work for MOT ?

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to