106 spare key????

Interesting thread about spare keys. How many should I have with a 106 Zest2, it's S reg Pug. I only have one, no buttons, fattish and was told that the car has an immobiliser worked by the key.

Now I AM getting worried in case I loose the only key I got with the car.

Reply to
Chicken George

Hi, One spare should be enough providing it starts the car, mine dosn't, I would check it out as this episode has cost me a small fortune.

Dave G

Chicken George wrote:

Reply to
Dave G via CarKB.com

You should always have two. With every car. Period.

You need a spare. If you lose that one, you're stuffed royally :D

If your key has a transponder inside, then many key cutting places can clone them these days. Try your local highstreet key cutter and look in your yellow pages - you oughtta be able to pick up a copy for a few quid.

Reply to
Nom