107 automatic

Hi all, is there anyone out there with an auto version of the 107 ? If so, what are their thoughts on the clutch operation and just how economic is the car MPG wise ?

Gio

Reply to
Gio

Hi all, is there anyone out there with an auto version of the 107 ? If so, what are their thoughts on the clutch operation and just how economic is the car MPG wise ?

Gio

Reply to
Gio

I take it nobody has a 107 ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I have a 107 - bought it in February. Not automatic though. I am very pleased indeed with it. I really can't believe it only has a 999cc engine - it flies on the open road, and the acceleration is pretty good. Try putting your foot down in first and you won't believe it - if the need arises you can take off from traffic lights etc. faster than many a bigger car. I like the thrum of the 3 cylinder engine too.

I found the suspension a little on the firm side - proabably because I am used to true French cars. I recently sold a 2CV for goodness sake! I am getting used to the firmer ride though, and it may soften up a little in time.

I decided on the 107, even though I prefer the Citroen image, because to get some of the extras I wanted I would have to have had a five door C1. I am not a Toyota sort of person, so didn't really consider the Aygo.

My 107 is black and I went for the aluminium trim, aluminium gear-knob, rev counter, badged mud-flaps, aircon and rear parcel-shelf with speakers. The black version looks like it is colour coded which is partly why I went for it.

I've been looking in this group for any mention of the 107, but apart from Gio and Steve's posts I've not seen anything. I know it's not a true Peugeot, but it certainly looks the part.

Reply to
Phillip Deackes

Thank you for the information Phillip, your comments were ideal. Just like you we would have preferred a C1 but in my case when I rang them this morning, Citroen UK customer services were less than helpful when I asked if the company was ever intending to import the auto 5 door version. I was told it depends upon the marketing dept so I asked if I could be transferred to them. No was the reply, we cannot internally transfer calls. Tried another tack and asked if customer services were informing the marketing dept of my enquiry ? Reply no. I then asked the obvious question re how marketing gauged customer interest if the information could not get through to them? That obviously hit the cord because after a bit of a delay the advisor politely replied "sorry sir I cannot help you further" and with that I said thank you for your help, you have just lost a sale.

Like you we have dismissed the Aygo, so it looks like the 107 is the way to go.

Gio

Reply to
Gio