12V power for trailer hitch

I have just mounted an after market trailer hitch on my 2006 307 HDI (90hp) stationcar.

Theres a cable for a little controlbox that needs 12V. From where do I pull this?

Pulling a cable straight from the battery seems impossible, but shouldn't there be power to be pulled from somewhere inside the car? Afterall, what if you wanted to mount a cd-changer, amplifier or something like that back in the rear?

Any ideas appreciated. J. Jespersen Denmark

Reply to
Jeppe Jespersen

My old 206 has a factory fitted CD changer connector already in the boot. I'd be suprised if a year old car didn't. Have another look.

Reply to
RSS Reader

I had this problem last week on a 207. You have to be very careful where you take a live feed from on a fully multiplex car like the 307,

207 and later 206. I had to run a wire up the inside of the car under the sill trims to the ignition lock and solder into the main live wire to it. Also needed an accessory feed which I took off the cigarette lighter. On the 307 I could've used the 12v accessory unit in the boot if fitted. Otherwise the one in the centre console.
Reply to
Nigel

There is what looks like a 12v accessory in the rear left, but theres no power in it. I have confirmed that in the fuse panel, the "12v front/rear" is fitted.

Any ideas as how to get power through here?

J. Jespersen

Reply to
Jeppe Jespersen

It might only be powered with the ignition on.

Reply to
Doo Berry

Tried that. No power. :-(

J. Jespersen

Reply to
Jeppe Jespersen

I would speak to your PUG dealer. I agree with what Nigel said. You do need to be very careful where you take power from, especially if it will be of high current. Dan.

Reply to
tricky4000