1986 205 Swapping Engine Question

Hi All i have a 1986 Peugeot 205, 5 doors, and i wanted to make an engine swap for a 206 engine (1.6i one)..

my question is, is the chassis of the 1986 205 can hold that engine or not ?? and what about the engine mountings ??

thanks in advance..!!

Reply to
Mike_MRK

"Mike_MRK" wrote: > Hi All > i have a 1986 Peugeot 205, 5 doors, and i wanted to make an > engine swap for a 206 engine (1.6i one).. > > my question is, is the chassis of the 1986 205 can hold that > engine or not ?? and what about the engine mountings ?? > > thanks in advance..!!

Been skimming through old posts :)

I?d have thought that the engine would fit, but modern engines seem to be crammed full of electronics and I would be very suprised if they could be fitted to a 205.

Anyway, why would you want to? the 205 1.6GTi would be a far more powerful engine, if you get the one which is fitted with the 1.9GTi head. This is because of modern emission standards.

Reply to
Streltsky