1996 - 406 trys to cut out at slow speed, all gauges go to 0

We have a 1996 Peugeot 406 which has had problems for a couple of years now. It started with all the gauges dropping to zero occasionally whilst you were driving along. Now it acts like it has kangaroo petrol in it, it cuts out briefly while you are moving but only around town (once you get used to it you can keep on moving), once on the open road it is fine. It has been into a Peugeot garage but they can?t seem to find the problem, so we hope that one of you fine people may have an idea!

Reply to
Charly