1997 406 V6 alarm problem after flat battery

In very cold snap battery went flat after car not used for 2 weeks. Alarm was somehow triggered on opening with key as did not respond to plip.

After charging the car starts and has driven 500 miles since, but the red LED on the alarm button on the dash remains solidly lit.

I have a key which fits a lock inside the offside boot, turning this 90 degrees makes no difference, then turning it back to the original position triggers the alarm.

The owner's handbook suggests behaviour from the red LED that does not reflect how it is behaving and does not even mention the key in the boot - neither do any search engines.

Any advice appreciated. In essence I have a solid red LED on the alarm button which should not be there and never has been before.

Thanks,

John Banks

Reply to
John Banks

John Banks

Have you tried locking and unlocking the car using the remote?

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R. N. Robinson

"I've a '98 model and to the lower right of the steering wheel, on the dash board, are three "push switches", one should be a reset button for the alarm

Reply to
John Hollinshead

Reply to
John Banks