1999 106 windscreen washer motor(S)

Hi, Neither the front or the back windscreen washers work on my 106. When trying to wash the sound of the motor can be heard but no fluid comes out. The 106 has two washer fluid reservoirs. Does it also have two washer motors? If it does it is weird that both should suffer from this problem at the same time.

From what I have found on google it may be a case of blocked tubing. I have been under the bonette trying to locate the motors but without luck. Could someone give me directions on how to get to the motor(s)? And of course if anybody has any other tips, I would appreciate them.

Thanks, Keith

Reply to
Keith

AFAIK there is only one washer bottle and one motor which is electrically reversable and does front and back washers. Accessible under the O/S headlamp behind the underwing trim. Can be done without removing the trim but a lot easier if you do. Make sure there is water in the bottle(!) and remove one of the pipes and see that water comes out. While the water is coming out operate the motor both ways (front and back) and see if the water flow rate increases. Then try the other pipe. If there is an increase then go for blocked tubes. If there isn't (more likely) then a new motor. Or I suppose there is something big blocking the motor!

Reply to
Nigel

Thanks for the tips! I found the pump in front of the right hand side front wheel under the trim. Just needed to take one plastic plug out to be able to bend the trim back enough to get my hand inside. The valve was the problem. Took it to pieces sanded the rubber ends of the valve a little, cleaned it and lubricated it. Put it all back together and now works very well.

Thanks again, Keith

Reply to
Keith