1999 406 Drivers Window

My 1999 406hdi drivers window has developed a strange problem. The window opens perfectly but will only close by repeatedly pressing the button when it rises in steps of about an inch and a half per press. I have tried the method of re-programming it by raising it to the top and holding the button down for 5 - 10 seconds (you hear a click) but on this occasion it has made no difference. Any suggestions (other than rude) gratefully accepted.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Hi Keith Try silicone lube in the glass channels, basically the rubber seal is covered with a felt coating to reduce friction between glass and seal, this coating wears off after a while, the glass drops down under its own weight, but tilts slightly when coming up, the stop start 1" at a time, is the motor overload relay, it thinks some ones fingers are in the track !! lube it, if it works, then change the glass seal, HTH Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Thanks for the tip Fitzy, I'll give it a go next weekend (grandson sitting duties not withstanding).

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Seems to have done the trick. Thanks again Fitzy.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks