2.0 HDi aka Ford TDCi Engine

Quite a few Ford badged 2.0 tdci diesel engines (as also used in a number of newer Pugs) are failing due to problems caused by a sticking EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve. Ford seem to be procuring valves to a revised design and changing these under warranty and paying out for hire cars whilst the new valves are on order. This must be starting to cost them real money!

The mod appears to be a stronger spring to overcome the effect of the gunge (techy term!!) that is accumulating in the valve bodies.

It seems strange to me that this problem is not being reported in this NG on the Pugs equipped with this engine.

Anyone heard of this problem with Pug HDi engines? Maybe Pugs are not using EGR?

regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Yes, I had this problem about 3 years ago on my Berlingo company van.

It used to stall at idle when cold, then the warning light appeared. The EGR valve was replaced curing it.

Reply to
Michael Shaw