2001 406 Estate Climate Control

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a reset feature on the climate control unit?

I am not sure that the air direction controls are working, there seems to be no diffrerence in where the air goes, unless I push the windscreen button?

Also if on auto should the direction arrows still show, and if so should they change as the control unit does it's stuff?

Cheers

Reply to
bryan

If is anything like the sytem on my 02 307, then I don't know of any specific reset facility for the climate control, but you can do a reset of the whole system by disconnecting the battery for about 5 minutes. On auto, no the direction arrows do not show.

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
bryan

When I just press auto, then nothing shows on the display, apart from the A/C being on. I also have a separate control for the fan speed - it always seems to be on a high setting in auto - and a button to toggle through the various outlets. If I press this then the outlets do show, otherwise not. But then yours may not be the same.

Reply to
Brian

The 406's CC obviously differs from the 307; my 2000 406 shows the vent direction arrows when in auto mode, the only thing that's not shown is the fan speed. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Same on my 1998 model. The difference between, say, part windscreen/part cabin and full cabin is not always immediately apparent if you waft your hand in front of the vents.

Reply to
Malc