205 brake problem

My drivers side disc and pads are binding so much that even the wheel gets hot....

They are new discs and pads etc.....

I took the wheel off today to see if i could see much and to see if it was just a build up of dust but it appears the caliper pot is holding the brake on...

I took the resoviur cap off and tried to push the pot back..but it woudln`t budge... i then thought that it would be an idea to undo thebleed nipple... but its broken off in the caliper...

Now what...bigger hammer on the pot...?

Reply to
Paulinho

Go down the scrappie and get a caliper that works, and a bleed nipple that will come undone! Takes about 10 mins to change it, then another 10 to bleed it.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Thats the cheapest idea..

Reply to
Paulinho

Like the other posts say, scrappie is easiest, but I had a similar problem, and it worked out that the brake cylinder piston was sticking causing the brakes not to release properly, a remedy to this is to take out your brake pads on the particular wheel, get someone to gently apply the brakes till the piston comes almost right out, or at least a good deal of the way out. Then get the finest emery paper you can and pour some brake fluid onto it and gently clean the piston as best you can, make sure when you have finished to remove all trace of emery dust from the piston. (pour brake fluid over it to make sure) then using a suitable implement push the piston right back into its recess, it should go almost right in, if it does that should do the trick. Mind you don't take too much of the piston with the emery, you should be able to see the offending part as it will look rusty. Rs

Reply to
Roger

Have you tried turning on your stereo? They seem to be inextricably connected on your car, lol Don't you just love the little quirks of the 205? Bless 'em all.

Reply to
xev

connected on your car, lol Don't you just love the little quirks of the 205? Bless 'em all.

Theres an idea....

No i`ve ordered a new caliper as that seemed the easyist way of dealing with the fact there was no bleednipple on it.. it had snapped off deep inside..

Hopefully this will cure it. After that all i need todo is have the rear rubber blocks changed on the back axle and its done.

Reply to
Paulinho