205 Central Locking Module Location ??

Hi all,

Does anyone know where the Central Locking Control box is located on a

205 XR ? My daughter has just bought her first car, a pug 205 XR H reg and I know its got door actuators but cant locate the control box?

Ive seen posts which mention under the back seats, in the boot, alongside the interior light, under the dash ? ? ? I dont want to start dismantling things unless I know im in the right area. Ive checked in the area around the fuse box (Glove compartment) but cant see what might look like it, there are just multitudes of connectors and a couple of relays.

The Haynes manual she has is little more than useless im afraid. Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks Pete (and daughter)

Reply to
Pete

Have you had a look in the glove box? or under the dash passenger side. or ifyou can have a good nose by the steering wheel column it must be some place under the dash. get her to leave the car at home so you can spend time looking for it. from chris Addlestone Surrey

Reply to
Chris

Is it remote controlled or controlled from the driver's door lock like it did on my old H reg Dturbo? In that there were lock actuators on the other doors and a control box on the drivers door lock.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Hi Phil,

thanks for the info, its NOT remote and so yes it could be like your old Dturbo. Was it a seperate box in the drivers door, or was it part of the door actuator? and presumably the other actuators (passenger door and tailgate) were wired from this also?

Thanks Pete

Reply to
Pete

It could also be behind the center console in the front floor well or inside the drivers door behind the panelmy Gti's was in the door with the actuator

Reply to
Andrwn8304 via CarKB.com

From memory - about three years since I had it and even longer since the CL gave up the ghost [1] - It had a different box in the driver's door to the passenger doors and taigate all wired together through the door wiring which was more robust than that in the 306.

If you have the Haynes manual the CL wiring diagram is on p. 372

CL control unit is #9 CL motors #10,11,12 & 13

[1] It was the driver's door control unit that was playing up. I figured that since I was mostly riding solo and the car wasn't big enough to preclude reaching the buttons on the other doors I could live without it and disconected it
Reply to
Phil Cook