205 central locking problem

Hi. I am experiencing some very strange problems with the central locking on my 1.9 205 Sceptre TD. The central locking doesn't work when I turn the key in the drivers door, but at random intervals the central locking just goes on and off over and over again, when I am driving the car and sometimes when I am not even in it. It doesn't happen all the time, just now and again. Is there a separate central locking control unit that I can't find that may be faulty, or could it be a short somewhere? Any ideas? Many thanks.

Reply to
planetman

It is most likely to be a fault with the unit in the driver's door, this controls the motors in the passenger doors and tailgate directly. Mine went the way you describe, and as a temporary fix I just disconnected the driver's door unit. I never did get round to fixing it.

Reply to
Phil Cook