205 dashboard bulbs

Hi all,

I have a couple of bulbs out in my dashboard (including the one illuminating the right-side of the dash - petrol gauge and the naughty region of speedo..)

I plan to replace all the bulbs I can get to whilst I have the dash apart with suitable white LED equivalents, and hopefully preclude any more going pop.

My question is; does anybody know what type of bulb fitment Peugeot used on the 205 dash? It would be great if someone could save me from having to take the dash apart to find out and then AGAIN to fit the new ones!

TIA, Albert

Reply to
Albert T Cone

They're small capless type 286. Somtimes the larger type 501 is fitted for warning lights eg battery charge

Reply to
Nigel

Excellent. I'll get some ordered.

Ta muchly.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Hi,

I agree, I had to replace one (right side of the clocks burnt), it's a plain shame to remove the covers to access these 4 bulbs. I hope the new ones will last as long as the previous ones (14 years ain't that bad :-) ).

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

Thats got to be a record, for this day and age.

Reply to
Chrs

Hi,

Honnestly, no. Bulbs burning (I mean, dashboard bulbs) seems to be a pretty "recent" disease, as for example my parents' 405 (built 04/88), with almost

20 years on its wheels, has not burnt any. True it only has 110,000 miles on the clock (and the car being them since 04/1989 we are certain it's the right mileage).

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

Not used in the dark then?

Reply to
Chrs

Hi,

I swear yes, say 50% of time or so, as is my 205 (including the tunnel pass-through and other visibility issues where you have to put lights on).

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T